Heidi Coutu has been a working artist since 1984. Her art has been and is collected by individuals and corporations throughout the US and abroad. With seven one-woman shows and two museum solo exhibitions, she has been featured in Architectural Digest, Art and Antiques, and Veranda Magazines, and on the PBS series, By Their Own Hands. She is represented by galleries in New York, the Connecticut Shoreline, Boston, and the Berkshires. Heidi has taught advanced painting at the Springfield Museum of Fine Art, Wisteria Hurst Museum, La Casa des Artistes, Mexico, and more recently, in Cortona, Italy.
Her fourth portrait will be hung at Yale University this fall.
Working with a painterly realistic style, she is well known for her depictions of pastoral landscapes. More recently she has focused on nautical subject matter, abstracts, and iconic portraits. After studying in New York at the Art Student’s League with Everett Raymond Kinsler, world renowned portrait painter, she has secured several noteworthy portrait commissions, including world renowned professors Karl Turekian, and Francesco Iachello. Her other Yale work includes the common rooms of Timothy Dwight College and Saybrook College, both with several works. Her work is also part of the corporate collection at Smilow Cancer Center.
With a degree in Fine Art from Mount Holyoke College, Heidi was artist in residence at Yale University as a Resident Fellow at Timothy Dwight College, where she also maintained a studio. She currently paints and lives with her husband at their 1870s home in CT on the shoreline, which they are restoring.
- Timothy Dwight College, Yale University (2)
- The Geology department, Yale University
- The Chemistry Department, Yale university
- Smilow Cancer Center, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Saybrook College, Yale University
- Timothy Dwight Collage, Master’s residence, Yale University
- Beverly Hills Hotel, Naples, FL
- Digital Equipment Corporation, Hartford, CT
- Bank of Boston
- Peoples Savings Bank
- Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- ST Francis Hospital, Windsor, CT
- Columbia Pictures, Las Angeles, CA
- Aetna Life and Casualty, Hartford, CT
- HL&P Houston, TX
- Mount Holyoke College
- Lego Systems, Enfield, CT
- Nations Bank, Houston, TX
- The Federal Reserve Bank, St. Louis, MO
- American Golf Corporation, Los Angeles, CA
- US Army Officer’s Club, Honolulu, Hawaii
Private collections in Mexico, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the UK, and throughout the United States
Artist – Heidi Coutu